Stykz vs. Pivot?

Discuss stick figure animation in general, other animation tools, etc.
Forum rules
View them here. Make sure you read and agree to abide by the rules before posting.

Re: Stykz vs. Pivot?

Postby Haidra on Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:54 pm

Well, at least they're not alcoholic... and on LOST...
DarkFlame wrote:We all know who Hydra is, he's the most awesomest user on Stykz.

Animations ---->(O)

.styk Files ---->(O)
Haidra
* Best in Show 2010 *

Postby stykzman on Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:53 pm

Well, if you go to the place where Stykz is being downloaded from (the Stykz web site). The first paragraph says that Stykz is free:

Stykz web site wrote:Stykz is the first multi-platform stick figure animation program in the world (as far as we know!), and it is COMPLETELY FREE!

Maybe showing his parents that page will convince them...
:stykz:
stykzman
Site Admin

Postby RedVBlue.21 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:16 pm

Stykz is extremely easy to use. You can create figures on the same frame you animate on. TONS of features that Pivot can't compete with, and the base figures just look...better.
Anyway thats my take on it. Pivot < Stykz. No contest.

Peace.
----------------------------------Image-------------------------

JonesIndiana wrote:Finally! It can be legal.....................I mean........easier.
RedVBlue.21
Animator

Postby ZeldaTRA on Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:23 pm

stykzman wrote:Well, if you go to the place where Stykz is being downloaded from (the Stykz web site). The first paragraph says that Stykz is free:

Stykz web site wrote:Stykz is the first multi-platform stick figure animation program in the world (as far as we know!), and it is COMPLETELY FREE!

Maybe showing his parents that page will convince them...

Still, putting Stykz on Snapfiles would increase traffic, as that would probably be the second thing to pop up if you were to type in "Pivot".
http://zeldatra.newgrounds.com/follow
ZeldaTRA
Elite

Postby GreySilence on Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:51 pm

Stykz > Pivot

For me, Stykz is much greater than pivot. After using the various time saving features that pivot lacks (PolyFill, In-Frame figure editing/creation, etc), I would take Stykz over Pivot every time. With Stykz I can animate faster and with better quality than if I was using pivot.
GreySilence
Getting started

Postby Ultimo Queso on Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:24 am

In terms of features, which is really important for me, Stykz obviously wins, but pivot is more usable. Stykz takes up unnecessary monitor space and is inefficient sometimes, like how there are multiple buttons for the same thing. Overall, I would much rather use stykz.
Sandwich....
Ultimo Queso
Getting started

Postby JonesIndiana on Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:34 pm

Stykz is for Mac.

Pivot sucks. (sry Wind3h)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/jonesindiana55
JonesIndiana
Pro

Postby The1RONmonkey on Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:02 am

Stykz FTW (for the win)
Mac FTW (for the world)
Pivot FTT (For the trashcan)
The1RONmonkey
Animator

Postby stykzman on Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:28 pm

Ultimo Queso wrote:In terms of features, which is really important for me, Stykz obviously wins, but pivot is more usable. Stykz takes up unnecessary monitor space and is inefficient sometimes, like how there are multiple buttons for the same thing. Overall, I would much rather use stykz.

When you say "multiple buttons for the same thing" are you talking about the Commands palette? Just curious...
:stykz:
stykzman
Site Admin

Postby Ultimo Queso on Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:11 pm

stykzman wrote:
Ultimo Queso wrote:In terms of features, which is really important for me, Stykz obviously wins, but pivot is more usable. Stykz takes up unnecessary monitor space and is inefficient sometimes, like how there are multiple buttons for the same thing. Overall, I would much rather use stykz.

When you say "multiple buttons for the same thing" are you talking about the Commands palette? Just curious...

Yep. Like when I'm changing a figure's color or flipping it. Those are the only examples I can remember. I deleted the redundant buttons. I think I understand the mentality behind having them there by default though. It looks more like Pivot, right?
Sandwich....
Ultimo Queso
Getting started

PreviousNext

Return to About Animation