Any pro stykz animators available for hire?

Discuss stick figure animation in general, other animation tools, etc.
Forum rules
View them here. Make sure you read and agree to abide by the rules before posting.

Any pro stykz animators available for hire?

Postby shadaz on Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:57 pm

Hello,

I am developing a game using stick men as the main characters. I love stykz and think its a great tool, but I suck at animations, and would like to spend my time writing code than learning how to animate correctly. If there is a pro stykz animator that is looking for some side work, please send me a message. I need the usual game stuff like walk, punch, kick, etc. but with certain constraints. I dont have a huge budget, but I am willing to pay.

thanks,

Shadaz
shadaz
New User

Re: Any pro stykz animators available for hire?

Postby Monk on Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:21 pm

I would recommend NTwarrior, Wind3h, or VenG. Although VenG does not log on very much, so I would go with NTwarrior as my first choice then wind3h.
ImageImageImageImage
Monk
Stykz Trooper

Postby DarkFlame on Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:22 pm

How do you plan on using stykz for your game? No offense but stykz would fail as anything to do with gamemaking. Someday though, stykz will be like flash with it's own scripting language and everything.
DarkFlame
* Most Helpful Person 2010 *

Postby shadaz on Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:18 pm

@Synthro thank for the recommendations.

@DarkFlame - I never said I needed Stykz to make the game, i need stykz to make stick animations for a game. The game is already 70% completed, i didnt post here looking for a game engine or game coder. I posted here looking for a stykz "animator" to produce quality animation frames for running, punching, kicking, etc.
shadaz
New User

Postby DarkFlame on Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:32 pm

shadaz wrote:@Synthro thank for the recommendations.

@DarkFlame - I never said I needed Stykz to make the game, i need stykz to make stick animations for a game. The game is already 70% completed, i didnt post here looking for a game engine or game coder. I posted here looking for a stykz "animator" to produce quality animation frames for running, punching, kicking, etc.

stykz still fails even then. I said in any way related to gamemaking. Trust me, you'll find how hard it is and that it's not worth it.
DarkFlame

Postby flipside on Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:38 pm

Quit putting him down, Darkflame. The quality of the game depends on the quality of the scripts used and the quality of the animations.
flipside
Pro

Location: Probably making an awesome scene in Algodoo or an anim in stykz. :D

Postby Monk on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:04 pm

DarkFlame wrote:
shadaz wrote:@Synthro thank for the recommendations.

stykz still fails even then. I said in any way related to gamemaking. Trust me, you'll find how hard it is and that it's not worth it.

Besides, all he wants are some walking animations and whatnot. That is it. He is not using stykz to make the game or animations, someone else is. I hope the game turns out well. When you do finish the game, please do come back and share it with all of us here.
ImageImageImageImage
Monk
Stykz Trooper

Postby Sean on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:45 pm

shadaz wrote:Hello,

I am developing a game using stick men as the main characters. I love stykz and think its a great tool, but I suck at animations, and would like to spend my time writing code than learning how to animate correctly. If there is a pro stykz animator that is looking for some side work, please send me a message. I need the usual game stuff like walk, punch, kick, etc. but with certain constraints. I dont have a huge budget, but I am willing to pay.

thanks,

Shadaz

Are you making it in flash?

If so I know exactly what you're talking about and I've done it before using my animation skills with pivot. My problem was that I sucked at coding.

I'll show you my small test I did using the same technique I think you'll be using. I'll PM it to you.
Sean
Animator

Location: .elpoep klats ot gniyrt pots ot deen uoy ,siht gnidaer er'uoy fi

Postby Hoboapple on Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:28 pm

Go on Droidz or DarkDemon, you'll get better feedback there.
stykzman wrote:
Murder, she wrote:A television series in the 80's.

Bow, bow, bow your wrote:...stently gown the dream...

I'm not sure what I just wrote:... does it make sense to you?

Stephen King wrote:Buy my books! *:x*

*8-)*

Hoboapple
* Funniest Person 2010 *

Postby DarkFlame on Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:05 pm

except theyll laugh at him more than i did.
DarkFlame

Next

Return to About Animation