Where did you hear about Stykz?

Discuss stick figure animation in general, other animation tools, etc.
Forum rules
View them here. Make sure you read and agree to abide by the rules before posting.

Where did you hear about Stykz?

Postby DarkFlame on Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:17 am

Where did you hear about Stykz that made you want to use it?
DarkFlame
* Most Helpful Person 2010 *

Re: Where did you hear about Stykz?

Postby Vee on Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:36 am

I googled pivot for macs. I was starting to get into stopmotion at the time and saw that stykz was being built.
Vee
Regular

Postby ReecyBoy on Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:41 am

I heard about if from my friend, how said he found it through a Google search. I immediately joined the forums and downloaded the Betas [when they came out], while he never actually downloaded the program.
Currently running: Stykz Version 1.0 RC3 (194)
ImageImage
DarkFlame wrote:It looks like someone burnt a hole in reality (Which happens to be barf green..) and saw another dimension on the other side.
ReecyBoy
* Best Stykfigure Maker 2010 *

Postby Hoboapple on Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:25 am

I became interested in animation, and my friend at school told me about pivot. I looked everywhere for mac, but didn't find it. I tried all these free* virtual console things, but those didn't work either. I started using pencil, but it was way too tedious, so I gave up. Then I searched again, and in the bowels of google, I came across some macosxhints thread where some guy was looking for pivot for mac, and I clicked the link some guy posted. I came here, and have been infesting your forums ever since.
stykzman wrote:
Murder, she wrote:A television series in the 80's.

Bow, bow, bow your wrote:...stently gown the dream...

I'm not sure what I just wrote:... does it make sense to you?

Stephen King wrote:Buy my books! *:x*

*8-)*

Hoboapple
* Funniest Person 2010 *

Postby scykei on Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:51 am

I was bored of Pivot and Googled "Stickfigure Animation Program". Pivot was at the top of the list at that moment and the second one was TISFAT. I made several animations with it but I didn't feel satisfied with them. I tried the search again and Stykz was there on page 2.

The only reason I joined the Stykz forums is because I wanted to tell how important a single-windowed Stykz is and had created a thread about it but then before I pressed the "Submit" button, I thought it would be wise to search if there already is a mention of it. I saw one thread created by uBiCrAy and also on the list. My first ever post was at the list. :D

Now Stykz is already one of the top of the search though.
[center][size=85]My Animations
scykei
* Best Bug Reporter 2010 *

Postby Monk on Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:05 am

I heard about stykz from the giant gold frog of the molten islands of hfakl;g. No, but seriously, I "heard" about stykz when I was helping my dad, stykzman, make stykz. So I didn't really "hear" about it, I already knew it before it was made. :D
ImageImageImageImage
Monk
Stykz Trooper

Postby DarkFlame on Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:04 am

I heard about Stykz while perusing Droidz (unregistered). I watched the Stykz forums and didn't register forever, but then the day of the Windows beta I registered.
DarkFlame
* Most Helpful Person 2010 *

Postby flipside on Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:35 am

I found out about stykz when I was helping with stykz in its first versions. It didn't even have styk figures yet! :lol: I'll try and find a screenshot of it later.
flipside
Pro

Location: Probably making an awesome scene in Algodoo or an anim in stykz. :D

Postby Chris on Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:20 pm

Pivot 1 xD

I heard about it when I was on skype with these creepy guise named Adam, Alex, Sean and Eli.

They said to use it or die.
(:
Chris
* Most Active Member 2010 *

Postby Nate on Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:27 pm

I started using pivot on my friends' computers, after I watched "Stick figures on crack". After a long while, I wanted to use pivot every day. So I searched for ways to run pivot on a mac, and there was no native application for mac that was like pivot. I used Pivot in Darwine at first, then I ditched it, and I searched for animation programs on versiontracker. I found stykz right there in the list somewhere (while it was in 1st or 2nd beta), and I'm like, "Holy crap, is this really true?", and boom, I was hooked. I joined the forums mostly because I was bored. Or so I think. I really don't know why I joined this forum. Probably because the members are so nice here.

Lol:
Nate
Stykz Trooper

Next

Return to About Animation