Ability to edit animations in Gimp

Discuss stick figure animation in general, other animation tools, etc.
Forum rules
View them here. Make sure you read and agree to abide by the rules before posting.

Re: Ability to edit animations in Gimp

Postby Monk on Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:26 am

Chris wrote:
Hoboapple wrote:
Chris wrote:I've done it in Photoshop. Much easier to use BMG.

In Flash, it'd be so much easier to add a background.

In BMG, it's much easier to add blurs. And in photoshop, it's much easier to add anything really.

Yes, but we require a proper tutorial on this. And how to do it with multiple programs. Not a tutorial with cracked/torrented programs. ¬-¬
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Monk
Stykz Trooper
 
Posts: 1418
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:10 pm

Re: Ability to edit animations in Gimp

Postby DarkFlame on Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:21 pm

Chris wrote:I've done it in Photoshop. Much easier to use BMG.

But BMG freezes my computer whenever I try to use it.
Image
User avatar
DarkFlame
* Most Helpful Person 2010 *
 
Posts: 3038
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: Ability to edit animations in Gimp

Postby Hoboapple on Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:10 am

Synthro wrote:Not a tutorial with cracked/torrented programs. ¬-¬

What do you mean by that?
stykzman wrote:
Murder, she wrote:A television series in the 80's.

Bow, bow, bow your wrote:...stently gown the dream...

I'm not sure what I just wrote:... does it make sense to you?

Stephen King wrote:Buy my books! *:x*

*8-)*

Image
User avatar
Hoboapple
* Funniest Person 2010 *
 
Posts: 4836
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: Ability to edit animations in Gimp

Postby Monk on Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:21 am

Hoboapple wrote:
Synthro wrote:Not a tutorial with cracked/torrented programs. ¬-¬

What do you mean by that?

lrn2search
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Monk
Stykz Trooper
 
Posts: 1418
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:10 pm

Re: Ability to edit animations in Gimp

Postby Hoboapple on Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:14 pm

Synthro wrote:
Hoboapple wrote:
Synthro wrote:Not a tutorial with cracked/torrented programs. ¬-¬

What do you mean by that?

lrn2search

The tutorial shouldn't really matter if it was torrented or not. But I see what you mean, that it's bad.
stykzman wrote:
Murder, she wrote:A television series in the 80's.

Bow, bow, bow your wrote:...stently gown the dream...

I'm not sure what I just wrote:... does it make sense to you?

Stephen King wrote:Buy my books! *:x*

*8-)*

Image
User avatar
Hoboapple
* Funniest Person 2010 *
 
Posts: 4836
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: Ability to edit animations in Gimp

Postby Nate on Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:46 pm

Uh, What's BMG? Anyways, I find using gimp to edit anims easy because it's free. I never argue with free software, unless it looks super crappy.
Image
Image
Image

Lol:
Image
User avatar
Nate
Stykz Trooper
 
Posts: 1302
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:20 pm
Location: La-la land

Re: Ability to edit animations in Gimp

Postby Hoboapple on Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:21 pm

Nate wrote:Uh, What's BMG? Anyways, I find using gimp to edit anims easy because it's free. I never argue with free software, unless it looks super crappy.

Bitmap graphics. Learn to use google and you will avoid useless posts.
stykzman wrote:
Murder, she wrote:A television series in the 80's.

Bow, bow, bow your wrote:...stently gown the dream...

I'm not sure what I just wrote:... does it make sense to you?

Stephen King wrote:Buy my books! *:x*

*8-)*

Image
User avatar
Hoboapple
* Funniest Person 2010 *
 
Posts: 4836
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: Ability to edit animations in Gimp: HD Style Stykz Anims

Postby BlueLionXVOMEGA on Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:20 pm

There is a way to make clear quality animations with GIMP... I have been using this technique for a while now... First, to avoid crappy quality, do not export the animation as a GIF file yet... Export to PNG first, but put the frames in a new folder, & name put the animation name in, then type in "Frames" after the animation name... (Example #1: Untitled Stage Frames) This is the part where GIMP comes in, start GIMP, go to open layers & open your aimations frames, then save the animation as an XCF GIMP File first... (Example #2: Untitled Stage 000001) Now save it as a GIF animation... ((Optional) But put "GIF" at the end of the name of the animation... Thats what I usually do... (Example #3: Untitled Stage GIF)) I hope this helps! Bye!
Yo yo yo dudes! It's me! BlueLionXVOMEGA in tha HOUSE!!!! If you tell me that I fail, I WILL PWN YA!
BlueLionXVOMEGA
New User
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:43 pm

Previous

Return to About Animation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron