Stykz Help Accessible on Stykz.net
December 19th, 2010
The Stykz Help which shipped with version 1.0 of the Stykz application is now available on the Stykz.net web site. This will be maintained in parallel so that you can refer to the help docs anywhere you are from a browser and can use it to direct others there as a place to learn more about what Stykz can do.
If you find any typos or have suggestions for adding or changing the existing content, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stykz 1.0 Update (Build 220)
December 4th, 2010
An update to Stykz was released today that fixes a bunch of bugs that were reported in prior 1.0 releases. The bugs that were fixed are:
- File Menu
- Fixed bug where an error dialog would result on Mac when doing “Save As”.
- Figure Menu
- Fixed bug where using “Add to Library” on a single node would generate an error dialog. 
- Fixed bug where using “Add to Library” and not specifying a name would generate an error dialog. 
- Stykz Help
- Fixed typos in “Introduction: What Was Installed and Where?”.
- Added info on aligning to the first selected figure to “Working With Figures: Setting Figure Properties”
- Fixed bug where images weren’t apperaing in the “Task Manager” topic. 
- Export to Animated GIF
- Fixed bug where export didn’t seem to be working when the backdrop was turned on (in actuality the progress window was displaying *behind* the backdrop window and the export was proceeding, but you couldn’t see it). 
- Fixed bug where palettes didn’t update properly when some document windows closed. 
- Frames Palette
- Fixed bug where clicking the “Next Frame” button would cause a loss of focus to the Stage so the arrow keys wouldn’t work. 
- Fixed bug where undoing the deletion of a figure after playing the animation and closing the StykzPlayer generated an error. 
- Fixed bug where an error dialog would result attempting to close an undo entry that had never been opened.
You can download the new release from the Stykz web site, or select Check For Updates from the Help menu when Stykz is running.
Pivot 3 Stick Converter Update
December 2nd, 2010
An updated version of the Pivot 3 Stick Converter is out, with the ability to convert multiple selected .stk files, and providing some options for auto or manual naming of the converted files. The included Read Me has troubleshooting info added for dealing with errors that might be generated by the Converter.