Stykz 1.0 Release Candidate 3 Now Available!
July 21st, 2009
Stykz 1.0 Release Candidate 3 is now available for download at the main Stykz site. This version contains a bunch of bug fixes, improved performance (especially under Windows), and stability enhancements. The list of fixes/changes are pretty long, but here are the highlights:
- Improved performance (almost 200%) when pivoting, stretching, creating, or distorting segments (especially on Windows).
- Fixed the “add node”/”delete node” error when using the Subselect tool. (I got a lot of reports on that!)
- Fixed the bug where creating a second segment with the Add Line tool would sometimes create it from the wrong starting point.
- Stykz now makes sure all Library .styk files are verified before adding them to the Stage (just in case you used an older .styk file that might be in the wrong file format).
- Added Undo support to layering of figures/segments, and fixed a bunch of bugs related to Undo.
You can see the complete list of everything done for this release by going to the Release Notes page on the Stykz web site.
I REALLY hope this is the last release before 1.0… (fingers crossed).
(BTW: If you’re using Stykz for Windows, make sure you read the “Important” screen when you run the Installer related to the changes in the “Stykz for Windows” desktop folder. If you have any questions about that, you can let me know.)
Anyway, have fun using RC 3, and as usual, let me know if you find anything!
The Stykz Development Team